We’re a business based in New Jersey and will need a new exterior sign in the next six months. I’ve never purchased a business sign before. My boss wants me to do a little research so we know how much money to budget. Where do I begin?
For first time buyers like yourself, we listen to you before we make any suggestions. It’s the most important step to determine the right sign for your business. We want to understand your wants. Are you striving for an image look? Are you expecting specific results like store traffic or brand awareness from your sign? Or do you simply want the best sign for your investment? We work at understanding what you’re trying to accomplish and help you select the right sign to achieve your goals.
The right sign is based on practicalities — bringing in customers, being highly visible, promoting your image and increasing awareness to your brand.
“Whatever you do, don’t get caught up in buying something super cheap or super pretty.”
Let me help by sharing some insights about today’s popular signs.
The Simulated Stone Monument Sign
Simulated stone is highly durable and weatherproof, and less expensive than masonry work. People like the simulated stone feature for its ability to match the building’s materials or other landscape features and low maintenance for many years. It’s an excellent sign for the investment.
The Front Lit Channel Sign
The Halo Lit Channel Sign
What does “halo lit” mean? This sign’s channel letters differ in materials. The faces and sides are solid metal, but the back is translucent acrylic. The LEDs inside the sign are shining towards the wall instead of the front, so the light is radiating from the back, thereby giving a glowing light pattern, or halo effect, around the sign at night.
If you choose this sophisticated look, keep in mind the sign requires expert installation due to a specific application and heavier, thicker components. Our experienced installers install these channel signs regularly.
The Electronic Message Center Sign
What’s included in the price of a sign?
- Written 3 year warranty on carved or internally lighted signs — the only sign company in New Jersey to offer this guarantee.
- On-site consultation with sales professionals, with an average of 14 years of experience. They will explain the best options within your budget.
- Team member updates during the process of getting your new sign.
- Technician visit to the site to verify information for a smooth installation.
- Professional design by a sign graphic designer with over 20 years of experience who understands visibility requirements at different traffic speeds and distances.
- Local codes checked before the design is created.
- Detailed quote and full color rendering with clear specifications.
- Management of the entire permit process. We gather the required documents, which may include the property owner’s signed agreement, a licensed surveyor’s site plan, sealed plans by a licensed engineer, a special committee review application (such as planning board or special improvement district), a zoning application form, a building application form, an electrical application form and drawings of your sign.
- Commercial grade materials, predominantly aluminum, that will meet or exceed strength, durability and color-retention suited for the Northeast climate.
- Installation by our own safety-conscious installers, with 23 years of sign installation experience.
- Delivery and installation using company-owned trucks.
To determine the budget of your exterior business sign, you need to consider your company’s business goals, the type of sign, and the sign company’s capabilities. We make the process easy with our products and services, and it certainly helps that we’ve been creating and installing signs since 1994. We’re here when you’re ready.