What impression do you hope your business sign will convey? If you want customers to think your business is polished, established, and permanent, consider a monument sign. Let’s talk about why it’s an excellent sign for the investment.
What is a monument sign? How does it differ from other types of signs?
A monument sign is a permanent freestanding sign close to the ground with no posts elevating it into the sky. The dignified structure last many years, looks impressive, and withstands the rain and cold of a Northeastern climate.
What are the benefits of monument signs?
Monument signs are one of the most popular sign types because they have endless possibilities for your business to attract customers.
- Achieve a stunning presence for your business. You can create a harmonious look by coordinating the sign to the architectural design of your building. Signs can be built with brick or stone. More often, signs are crafted from an exterior-grade foam that replicates the look of masonry. No one can tell the difference.
People love simulated stone and brick for their highly durable, low maintenance, and weatherproof properties. Plus, the materials are less expensive than masonry.
- Become highly visible. Customers walking or driving by notice monument signs because they’re directly in their line of sight. And how often do you include signs when you are giving directions to your location? Monument signs are the perfect wayfinding signage because they are striking and people will easily recall where you’re located.
- Display eye-catching messages by adding an LED (Light Emitting Diode) message board. About 64% of people think a brightly lit sign attracts more attention than a plain, informative sign, according to a survey by NeonPlus. You can tailor a message to a specific group and change the message as often as you like. People will look at your sign frequently to catch the latest message.
“A monument sign is a solid look that projects longevity of the company plus it shows professionalism.” Larry Gliozzi
- Advertise your organization 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by using your logo, font, and branded colors. You can choose among various materials and customize to your preferences or brand within local ordinances.
- Withstand rain, snow, wind, and heat extremes.
- Enjoy low maintenance because of its sturdy materials and durable construction. Appeal to regulators who adhere to stringent height restrictions, but love the classy appearance.
What’s the difference between a monument sign and a pylon sign?
Height is the key variation. Monument signs are frequently less than five feet. The branded message is displayed at eye height. Pylon signs are tall and an ideal choice when your business is among many located along a highway, interstate, or four-lane road. As drivers speed by at 55 miles per hour, they will notice a towering sign indicating your location.
What types of businesses are best suited for a monument sign?
When businesses are far from the road, or in a development where the buildings look the same, a monument sign clearly pinpoints where you are. They’re ideally positioned for the foreground of a business. Monument signs are suitable for locations close to roads with a lower speed limit, two to four lanes, and residential settings. That’s why owners choose monument signs for housing subdivisions, condominium sites, and apartment complexes. A monument sign is also a good option for a school, church, or community center.
How much is a monument sign?
A monument sign typically starts at about $5,000, but prices vary widely based on size, material, and complexity.
What type of materials are used?
- Aluminum, highly customizable, appeals to people who prefer a streamlined, modern look. It’s malleable, cuttable, and flexible.
- Brick and stone are popular with traditional tastes. They were a mainstay before alternatives matched their high quality and offered more affordable options.
- Simulated stone is a less expensive alternative to brick or stone when you’re looking for a sign that looks elegant but fits your budget.
Can the monument sign be illuminated?
Yes! Extremely versatile, the monument sign can be integrated with a lighted sign, cut metal letters on the sign’s face, or an LED message board.
At Loumarc Signs, we design and install custom business signs in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. We help you get exactly the right sign for your needs. You only need to approve the design and pay for the sign. We do all the rest.
Why not browse the Monument Signs page on our website to learn more?
Larry Gliozzi founded Loumarc Signs. He as been in marketing and advertising since 1978. Loumarc Signs is a NJ custom sign shop in business for over 24 years. Once a customer approves the sign, Loumarc Signs handles the rest — from permits to plans, fabrication to installation.